The Dangers of Letting House Mold Go Unchecked

When people think of mold, they usually think of what might be living in the back of the refrigerator. However, there’s mold that might be lurking in your home that’s a lot more serious than the kind growing on food. The mold that could be in your walls or basement can pose serious health problems. Here are three reasons why letting mold get out of hand is dangerous and what to do about it.

The House Smells Damp

If you’ve noticed that your home smells dank and musty, or like the basement, you could be harboring mold. Even if you haven’t actually seen the mold, it can still be present. The only way to know for sure is to have mold testing Portland Oregon do a thorough check and find out what type of mold you’re up against.

Your Health Suffers

When you start feeling like you have allergies, but it only happens at home, mold could be the culprit. Mold can cause sneezing, burning eyes and that special brand of head congestion associated with your worst allergies. If you have asthma, mold spores can exacerbate symptoms, so it’s nothing to play around with.

Structures Can Decay

Mold doesn’t stay in one place, instead it continues to grow in the right conditions. This could mean decay in and around walls, under your carpeting and into your wooden floors. If mold is eating away at your home, you could be looking at unsightly stains and expensive damage.

It Will Only Get Worse

If you’ve spotted mold in your home, there’s likely more you can’t see and it will only get worse. Mold can cause some very real health issues as well as damage to your home. Finding out what you’re up against will make it easier to eradicate the problem before it can do any further damage.